2 What type of information does Jumbo collect?
2.1 Jumbo will collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways including when you register on a Jumbo Website or use any other Jumbo service, enter competitions or prize draws, navigate around the Websites and respond to communications from Jumbo.
2.2 To register on a Jumbo Website Jumbo requires that you submit personal data, e.g. your name, gender, date of birth, email address and a password for entry to the Website. When you register online, you can choose whether you want to receive (marketing) information. When we have obtained your consent, we will be able to use your personal data to send you information to promote our own goods and services as well as services from selected third parties and to forward the information and/or promotions of other organizations with whom we work in co-branding activities.
3 What may Jumbo do with your personal information?
3.1 This information may be used for marketing (where you have agreed to this) and for market research purposes:
- optimise and personalise our services;
- to inform you if you have won a prize;
- to send you newsletters and information about Jumbo products and services.
3.2 Jumbo may use information about you to create a profile of your interests. This will allow Jumbo to understand customers and visitors better, so Jumbo can make its services and marketing more relevant. Information that Jumbo uses in this way may include:
(i) information about your use of this and other Jumbo Websites; (ii) your responses to communications from Jumbo or your interaction with other parts of Jumbo such as social networking sites; (iii) information you provide when you register on one of Jumbo’s Websites; (iv) customer surveys; (v) information provided by other companies, where you gave them permission to share this information and (vi) transactional data.
4 What does Jumbo do with this information?
4.1 In line with any permissions you give Jumbo, we may send you direct marketing about Jumbo’s own, or carefully selected third parties’ goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations who may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with Jumbo.
4.2 In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
5 Who has access to the information?
5.1 Jumbo may share your information with companies in the Jumbo group. Jumbo includes all of its subsidiary and affiliated entities, also brands that generally do not offer its products and services under the “Jumbo” brand name, as well as companies that generally do offer its products and services under the “Jumbo” brand name. Wherever your information is processed by the Jumbo, we will ensure that it is protected appropriately.
5.2 Jumbo will only pass on your information to third parties in the following situations:
(i) If this was clearly stated at the time of collection or registration and, where required, if you have given permission for this;
(ii) If Jumbo employs another organisation to perform tasks on our behalf – such as delivering goods to you. In this case, the organisations may only use your information to fulfil this specific task;
(iv) If Jumbo has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary for legal proceedings. Jumbo may also disclose information when Jumbo believes in good faith that applicable law or regulation requires it or to protect the safety or security of users of our Websites;
6 Jumbo policy for children
6.1 If you are a child (a person, under the age of 16, who is not of legal age to give consent to the collection and processing of their data) and want to register with Jumbo you must take the following steps and regulation into account:
- Jumbo requires permission from a parent or guardian and you (i) must ask your parent or guardian for permission to register, (ii) confirm you have permission to register and provide an email address for your parent or guardian.
- Jumbo may ask for a mobile number if you are registering for a service through your mobile). -- Jumbo will then send a message to your parent that you have registered and depending on your age and location may also ask your parent or guardian to confirm consent to the registration.
- Jumbo may also carry out checks to verify that the contact details you have provided are for your parent or guardian.
- If you have indicated that you would like to receive additional Jumbo services (only available to specified age groups as indicated when you register or when you subscribe to certain services), then where required Jumbo will also ask your parent for consent.
- No information should be submitted to or posted to Jumbo without consent of your parent or guardian.
7 Modify or remove your personal information?
7.1 You can ask Jumbo to modify or remove your personal information from any or all of our mailing lists at any time or cancel your registration by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link or any other link Jumbo may provide for you.
7.2 We will use our reasonable endeavours to remove your name from the related mailing list within 10 working days of your request.
7.3 If you have questions about the use of your personal information or wish to have your personal information removed, you can email webmaster @ jumbo.eu or write to Jumbo at Royal Jumbo BV, attn: Webmaster Jumbo, P.O. box 2224, 1500 GE Zaandam, The Netherlands or Jumbo Games, 2 Carters Row, Hatfield Park, Hatfiel AL9 5NB, United Kingdom.